Tbilisi Climate & Temperature
- Tbilisi, Georgia is at 41°40'N, 44°57'E, 427 m (1401 ft). See map.
- Tbilisi has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Tbilisi is situated in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 13 degrees Celsius (55.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 22.7 °C (40.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 6.7°C (44°F) on average falling to -1.3°C (29.6°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 17.7°C (63.8°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 7°C (44.6°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 29.7°C (85.4°F) and average low temperatures are 18°C (64.4°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 19.7°C (67.4°F) during the day and lows of 9.3°C (48.8°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 495.5 mm (19.5 inches) which is equivalent to 495.5 Litres/m² (12.15 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2112 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Tbilisi you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Adamstown, Pitcairn Islands where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Tbilisi Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Tbilisi Climate Graph in Metric Units
Tbilisi Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Tbilisi, Georgia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Gorznyj, Russia - 185.6 kms (115.3 miles) NNE
- Mahackala, Russia - 255.9 kms (159 miles) NE
- Zagatala, Azerbaijan - 141.2 kms (87.7 miles) E
- Xacmaz, Azerbaijan - 328.6 kms (204.2 miles) E
- Quba, Azerbaijan - 298.9 kms (185.8 miles) E
- Saki, Azerbaijan - 191.8 kms (119.2 miles) ESE
- Qabala, Azerbaijan - 255.5 kms (158.8 miles) ESE
- Kirovobad (Gandzha), Azerbaijan - 162.8 kms (101.2 miles) SE
- Ganca, Azerbaijan - 162 kms (100.6 miles) SE
- Goycay, Azerbaijan - 260.9 kms (162.1 miles) ESE
- Samaxi, Azerbaijan - 329.6 kms (204.8 miles) ESE
- Yevlax, Azerbaijan - 218.9 kms (136 miles) ESE
- Xankandi, Azerbaijan - 241.9 kms (150.3 miles) SE
- Agdam, Azerbaijan - 241.9 kms (150.3 miles) SE
- Naxcivan, Azerbaijan - 278.6 kms (173.1 miles) S